Is the Order a Rabbit? (Japanese: ご注文はうさぎですか? Hepburn: Gochūmon wa Usagi Desu ka??), often abbreviated as GochiUsa (ごちうさ?), is a Japanese 4-panel comedy manga series by Koi, serialized in Hōbunsha's seinen manga magazine Manga Time Kirara Max since March 2011. It has been collected in four tankōbon volumes as of September 2015. An anime television series adaptation by White Fox aired in Japan between April and June 2014. A second season, co-produced by White Fox and Kinema Citrus, began airing in October 2015.
Cocoa Hoto moves into a new town to attend school. There, she begins living with Chino Kafū at her family's Rabbit House café, working as a waitress to pay for her accommodation.
- Cocoa Hoto (保登 心愛 Hoto Kokoa?, usually written ココア)
- Voiced by: Ayane Sakura
- A young girl who moves into the Kafū residence and helps out at the
Rabbit House to pay for her accommodation. She is quite keen on cute things, considering Chino as a little sister to her, and is skilled in baking bread. Named after hot cocoa.
- Chino Kafū (香風 智乃 Kafū Chino?, チノ)
- Voiced by: Inori Minase
- The granddaughter of the Rabbit House's owner. A quiet and soft spoken girl who slowly warms up to Cocoa, though is often annoyed
by her insistence on being called 'big sister'. Along with her father, she is the only one who knows the secret concerning Tippy and her grandfather. Named after cappuccino.
- Rize Tedeza (天々座 理世 Tedeza Rize?, リゼ)
- Voiced by: Risa Taneda
- One of the waitresses at the Rabbit House. The daughter of a
soldier, she has a very disciplined, military-like personality, however she is still very kind. She even carries a Glock and combat knife hidden on her person, but she is shown to having a strong feminine side as well, such as being vulnerable to cute things, and her appearance. She's pretty close to Sharo. Named after Thé des Alizés tea.
- Chiya Ujimatsu (宇治松 千夜 Ujimatsu Chiya?)
- Voiced by: Satomi Satō
- Cocoa's classmate at high school, whose family runs a coffee shop of their own, Ama Usa An (甘兎庵?), which has its own rabbit mascot named Anko. Named after uji matcha tea.
- Syaro Kirima (桐間 紗路 Kirima Syaro?, シャロ)
- Voiced by: Maaya Uchida
- Chiya's childhood friend who lives next door to the Ama Usa An. She
attends the same elite school as Rize, as a scholarship student, but is otherwise quite poor. She also has a slight fear of rabbits and becomes increasingly hyper after drinking coffee, her emotions differing depending on the blend. She is in love with Rize. Named after Kilimanjaro coffee.
- Maya Jōga (条河 麻耶 Jōga Maya?, マヤ)
- Voiced by: Sora Tokui
- Chino's classmate in middle school. She's very energetic and is named after Jogmaya tea.
- Megumi Natsu (奈津 恵 Natsu Megumi?, メグ)
- Voiced by: Rie Murakawa
- Chino's classmate in middle school, known as "Meg" (メグ Megu?) for short. Her mother is a ballet teacher so Megu is trained in ballet and is very good at it. Named after nutmeg.
- Midori Aoyama (青山 翠 Aoyama Midori?)
- Voiced by: Saori Hayami
- A female novelist who goes under the pen name of Aoyama Blue Mountain (青山 ブルーマウンテン Aoyama Burū Maunten?). She admired Chino's grandfather (who she affectionately calls "Master" (マスター Masutā?))
and always asked his opinion about her stories. She stopped writing books after she lost a pen that was given to her by Chino's grandfather, and Chino gave her a temporary job in the Rabbit House. Named after Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee.
- Tippy (ティッピー Tippī?)
- Voiced by: Motomu Kiyokawa
- A female angora rabbit
and the Rabbit House's mascot, who is so fluffy that she looks more like a fluffball than a rabbit. When not around Cocoa and the others, typically sat atop Chino's head, she speaks in a manly voice and helps Chino's father out at the bar. It is later revealed that through some unknown circumstances (though it is implied Cocoa was somehow involved), Tippy possesses the spirit of Chino's grandfather, who runs the Rabbit House.
- Takahiro Kafū (香風 タカヒロ Kafū Takahiro?)
- Voiced by: Shō Hayami
- Chino's father, who runs the bar during the night alongside Tippy.
- Mocha Hoto (保登 モカ Hoto Moka?)
- Voiced by: Ai Kayano
- Cocoa's older sister. Named after caffè mocha.
She is very similar to Cocoa, besides the fact that Mocha is known for being a more dependable older sister and is very good at cuddling people.
|1||February 27, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8322-4119-0|
|2||February 27, 2013||ISBN 978-4-8322-4269-2|
|3||March 27, 2014||ISBN 978-4-8322-4420-7|
|4||September 26, 2015||ISBN 978-4-8322-4617-1|
See also: List of Is the Order a Rabbit? episodes
An anime television series adaptation by White Fox aired in Japan between April 10, 2014 and June 26, 2014 and was simulcast by Crunchyroll. The opening theme is "Daydream Café." by Petit Rabbit's (Ayane Sakura, Inori Minase, Maaya Uchida, Risa Taneda, and Satomi Satō), whilst the ending theme is "Poppin' Jump♪" (ぽっぴんジャンプ♪ Poppin Janpu?) by Chimame-tai (Inori Minase, Sora Tokui, and Rie Murakawa). The ending theme for episode 12 is "Nichijou Decoration" (日常デコレーション Nichijō Dekorēshon?, lit. "Everyday Decoration") by Petit Rabbit's. The series is licensed by Sentai Filmworks in North America. A second season titled Is the Order a Rabbit??, which is being co-produced by White Fox and Kinema Citrus, was announced in the March 2015 issue of Gakken's Megami Magazine and began airing in Japan on October 10, 2015. The opening theme is "No Poi!" (ノーポイッ！ Nōpoi!?) by Petit Rabbit's while the ending theme is "Tokimeki Poporon♪" (ときめきポポロン♪?) by Chimame-tai.
A visual novel developed by 5pb., titled Is the Order a Rabbit?? Wonderful party! (ご注文はうさぎですか？？ Wonderful party!?), will be released for the PlayStation Vita in Japan on March 3, 2016.